Friday, December 11, 2009

11 McDonald's staff and no mcmuffin...

Quality. Service. Value. And cleanliness.
These were McDonald's closely and deeply held values, once upon a time.
Maybe they still are, but I have found the service part lacking, as I drive around the highways in Ontario, Canada.
On November 28, 2009, I stopped at the McDonald's on highway 401 by Cambridge. It is a great place to let our dog Jasper stretch her legs on the way to visit her vet. After throwing her frisbee a few times, I am often in the mood for some breakfast.
At the service counter, I had enough time to count 11 staff, before I gave up and left. Five of them were clustered with the manager, seemingly discussing something important, but the other six were...well, not rushing to ask me what I wanted. Not even the two staff that looked me directly in the eye.
There is a Starbucks close to our dog's vet. They serve great breakfast sandwiches.
**************************************************************************
This is the first time I have been ignored at McDonald's, but it is not the first time that I noticed that the S in QSVC is missing. I sent msyelf an email on May 2, 2007 from the counter of the McDonald's on the 400, just south of Barrie. It took 5 minutes to serve me two breakfast burritos. I was surprised...until the next time I stopped at this McDonald's, when it took over ten minutes to fill my order!

At least the washrooms are still kept clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment